Interested in becoming an EAL Facilitator?
Get in touch to learn about our EAL Certification program.
EAL Certification Program
A career that will make your dreams a reality!
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, an EAL Career may be the answer!
Dreamwinds is excited to offer the one and only Original Cartier Farms Equine Assisted Learning Certification Program in Ontario. For decades, equine-assisted learning has proven to help develop both life and leadership skills for all participants, no matter their experience or ability. With our certification you will receive the training, hands-on experience, proven curriculum, on-going support and the confidence you need to run your own EAL programs right away! It’s a “Business in a Box”!
Why Dreamwinds ?
You have a choice in EAL Certification and we want you to be confident that the choice you make best suits the needs of the clients you choose to serve. We want you to learn from the best and have every opportunity for success. Our program, experience and post-graduate support is second to none in the industry offering:
Your time is valuable, so we have created this 5-day intensive, all inclusive program that certifies you in the field of EAL and most importantly provides you the license to deliver the renowned Cartier Farms EAL Program Curriculum. This curriculum was developed and tested through research to deliver quantifiable results. An objective-based learning program, each exercise is designed and tested to teach specific objectives providing you with a credible and respected program that can be adapted to serve a wide variety of clients. Our program, experience and post graduate support is second to none in the EAL Industry. More than just a course…it’s your new “career in a box”.
All Courses Include:
Interactive classroom time learning everything you need to know to create your programs, leverage the proven Building Block Curriculum and get clients in the door!
- Covering the Basics
- Understanding Herd Behavior
- Group problem Solving
- Maintaining Quality EAL Horses
- Briefing & explanation of daily exercise delivery
- Marketing 101 – Branding, Launching & Growing your Business
Afternoons are spent working with real clients. Through hands-on experience you will learn:
- How the program works & how to produce it
- To facilitate the program objectives to achieve the outcomes
- How each exercise can stand on its own or build upon each other
- To create safe learning, through evaluation of environment and participants
- How to recognize red flags and defuse situations using open ended questions
- The importance of timing and feel (when to move in when to stand back)
- Observation skills: watching body language of horses and participants to allow facilitators to guide the journey & link the equine experience to life
- How to choose & maintain lesson horses: re-schooling and assessing suitability to create long-term teachers
We pride ourselves on our alumni support program. We are with you every step of the way and you get everything you need to get up and running right away including:
- Your own hard copy EAL Text Book and Book of 12 EAL Exercises
- USB containing:
- handouts, journals & objectives for each exercise
- information on starting your own business
- research study information summaries
- Ongoing apprenticeship opportunities at Dreamwinds
- Lifetime Membership in our exclusive alumni group with unlimited EAL program support from the Cartier Program Founders and Dreamwinds
- Access to our exclusive Advanced EAL Certification Program
- NEW! 3-month EAL Accelerator Business Coaching Program. Includes 2 hours of personal coaching and 12 weekly group calls to support the launch and growth of your business!
- Your Investment:
- ONTARIO: $4995 +hst **Book before January 31, 2019 and save $495!
- OTHER LOCATIONS within CANADA: $5450 +hst
- INTERNATIONAL LOCATIONS: $5450 USD +hst
Cartier Farms EAL Certification Program
Dreamwinds Equine Assisted Learning Centre is the only Certified Satellite Facility for the Original Cartier Farms EAL Certification Program. The Cartier partnership spent 10 years researching the lasting benefits of EAL and hundreds of hours developing a user-friendly, flexible, teachable curriculum that others could learn and implement at a facility of their own. Having built a successful EAL Business here in Ontario, Dreamwinds is proud to be licensed to offer the same life-changing program with the founding partners themselves that made it all possible.
Cartier Farms EAL certification courses have been tailored to meet both the equine and social service industries and they are now available here in Ontario at Dreamwinds! Cartier Farms has also partnered with the Saskatchewan Horse Federation to recognize and certify this unique and innovative Building Block™ Equine-Assisted Learning Certification Program© with the express intent of providing a standardized educational format for individuals interested in expanding their knowledge in the industry, as well as increase their business’ marketability and income potential.
This is the most comprehensive EAL Certification program available and has been developed and tested through research to provide a standardized curriculum of objective-based exercises that delivers proven results!
Our proven EAL program, extensive business experience and established track record of success will ensure that you have everything you need to be able to create:
- Top Quality, Respected Programs
- Life Changing Learning for Your Clients
- A Lifetime Career Path For Your Horses
- A Brand New Profitable Revenue Stream
- And most importantly….The Life of Your Dreams
International EAL Certification Academy
Can’t come to us? We will come to you!
Apply to be a host facility and pioneer the growth of EAL in your community! Now the Original Cartier Farms EAL Certification Program is available WORLDWIDE.
- Establish your facility at the forefront of EAL in your area
- Hosts save $1500 on certification program
- Save on travel costs and stress of leaving your farm
- Give your horses valuable program experience with the help of trained facilitators
- Receive valuable coaching on setting up and optimizing your facility for EAL
- Afternoon programs with participants to facilitate practicum course component
- Min of 4 safe horses, sound of mind/body with solid ground manners
- Classroom space for morning course teachings
- Indoor arena to ensure practicum experience in all weather
- $5450/person + HST in US dollars (Host Cost only $3950)
- Fees includes all travel expenses for 2 Instructors and all course materials.
- We do all the marketing to obtain the course minimum of 6 participants.
- $2500 deposit required to reserve date. Fully refundable in unlikely event that course minimums are not met.
Contact us for available dates and start your journey toward the career of your dreams!
NEW! Check out our Advanced EAL Certification program for ongoing career development opportunities!
I chose to certify with Tracey and Dreamwinds because of Tracey’s authenticity and openness. I love this Form of EAL. It is about helping people build the skills they need to be successful in their lives. I feel Tracey embodies this in everything she does from teaching the course, to facilitating clients and living a life built around helping others. She never hesitates to share her knowledge, and tonnes of knowledge she has! She is always a true cheerleader and believes we are all in this together! Not just this certification, but all walks and avenues to equine assisted learning. This is what true leadership is! Thank-you Tracey!!
I chose to get my EAL certification at Dreamwinds in no small part because of Tracey’s personal and professional integrity. In an unregulated industry like EAL this is an incredibly important attribute and Tracey demonstrates it in spades! Additionally, the extra focus on the business of EAL allows graduates to hit the ground running. Information on identifying one’s target clientele, setting up and marketing your business is not provided by many other programs and is so, so valuable.
As an educator, having gone through this training, I feel confident that this program will assist students with learning skills they can take back to their academic lives and be successful. I’m excited to bring this program to schools, students, teachers, and head teachers.
Dreamwinds EAL Certification course provided a great mix of easy to follow in class instruction and practice opportunities to develop and hone my skills and expertise as an EAL Facilitator. The reference material and exercise manual have been an invaluable resource as I set up my own services. Tracey continues to be a wonderful resource herself, as I work through the business side of my services. I would highly recommend this program to anyone wanting to provide life skills and personal growth opportunities to a range of clients in an innovative way.
I graduated from the Dreamwinds EAL Facilitator Certification in 2015, and it has been an absolute dream come true. Not only did Tracey show me how to turn my work with horses in to an actual career, but she has continued to support me every step of the way. I continued to apprentice with Tracey after I graduated, and I still go to her for support with my program development and my business and marketing needs. I am blessed to be in this industry, and proud to be a Dreamwinds grad!
I did my EAL certification with Dreamwinds 2 years ago. I was amazed by the level of organization and the quality of the program during my course. 2 years later, with my own business running, I continue to be impressed by the level of ongoing support I get from Tracey at Dreamwinds. I have had many opportunities to apprentice and work with Tracey since. The quality of the programs run at Dreamwinds is fantastic. There is a high level of energy there that you won’t find anywhere else !
Miigwetch for the fantastic learning opportunity! The Equine Assisted Learning Certificate Program provided by Dreamwinds Farmis by far the most useful training I have attended. The split between in-class learning and experiential learning make this course exceptional. The facilitators provided a fun yet professional learning environment. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn hands on the activities and how to implement the Cartier building block program. I am looking forward to using this as a compliment to providing mental health services, in Northern Ontario. I will definitely recommend this program to anyone wishing to work with both horses and people!
I would highly recommend the Dreamwinds / Cartier Farms EAL Facilitator Certification program. It is well worth the investment. Not only do you get all the necessary ‘tools’ to start your own program but you also get ‘hands on’ practice facilitating. This program gave me the confidence I needed to get my own EAL program started only months after completing the program. Tracey goes above and beyond! She has provided me with on going support from helping me with my grand opening to answering any questions I have. Thank you Tracey and the Dreamwinds Team for helping make my dream come true!
EAL Equine Assisted Learning; what is it? who is for? what does it teach us? Well let me tell you this I first heard about the program on Facebook through Dreamwinds EAL Centre I met with the owner/programer there Tracey Evans she invited me to come up to her stables and sit in on one of her youth leadership programs. I was hooked! Traceys enthusiasm about this program drew me in and I had to be a part of it I signed up to become certifed with Tracey Evans and Jennifer Viitala at Dreamwinds. This is the original Cartier Farms (EAL) program that has been developed through extensive research and and has been an effective approach to individual and team growth through horses. I highly recommend this program to anyone and would like to thank Tracey and Jennifer for the support and the opportunity to be able to bring this program back to my own stables and put it in practice.